Filed In: Eats
Okay, let me start this post off by saying: I am not a health nut. I don’t spend tons of money on supplements and expensive vitamins and things of that nature. I’ve definitely tried some of that stuff out but more often than not, found it to not be worth the money. Until I tried out Shakeology.
Here’s 3 reasons why I’m loving Shakeology and think it’s a great use of your money:
- First and foremost – it’s super healthy. Each shake is packed with superfood ingredients. As much as I try to get in superfoods each day (kale, avocado, things of that nature…), it’s not always easy if you’re in a hurry. Every shakeology shake has protein & fibers, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, probiotics, and so much more. All of those things your body needs to keep you feeling full, reduce sugar cravings, support your immune system and lots of other good things!
- It’s delicious. My favorite flavor is chocolate. I’m a HUGE sweets lover, in case you hadn’t noticed, and the chocolate shake totally satisfies my sweet tooth! Honestly I would drink it for dessert if I could! If I’m having it for a meal, I’ll add half a banana and almond butter to the blender and it is so yummy!
- It’s easy. As much as I’d love to have time every morning to make scrambled egg whites and turkey bacon with avocado and a whole wheat english muffin with fresh fruit…that’s just not realistic most days. After I’m done with a workout I usually shower, get ready and am running out the door. Shakeology is so perfect to just put in the blender and you have your breakfast on the go!
If you’re interested in buying shakeology, just go to this website and you’ll find everything you need!
As most of you know, Michael and I just bought our first house back in March and have been working hard to fix it up and make it feel like home. One of our favorite things about owning a house now has been inviting people over for dinner or get togethers. We both love having people into our home, the conversations shared in these walls, and the laughter that fills the rooms.
One thing that still gives me slight anxiety though is the dinner part. I will be the first to admit that I’m not the greatest cook. I so enjoy it, but I’m not awesome at it. Last night we had my brother & sister-in-law over for dinner and I made these Greek-style meatballs I’m sharing with ya’ll today. They are so unique and yummy, and on top of that, super healthy and easy to make! It’s become my go-to when we’re having people over for dinner and I want to get a little fancier than chicken, but not spend a ton of time on the meal. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
- In large bowl, mix 1 lb ground beef, 3/4 c. crumbled feta cheese (I used reduced fat!), 1/2 small red onion, grated, 1/3 c. Italian-style bread crumbs; 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley, 1 lg egg, lightly beaten; 2 tsp dried oregano; and 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper
- Form into 12 balls and thread onto skewers
- On cookie sheet sprayed with olive oil cooking spray, roast meatballs at 425 degrees, 15 to 20 mins, or until cooked through.
- Serve with lemon slices and 1/2 c. prepared tzatziki (I just bought mine premade from Trader Joe’s!)
For the side dishes, I just did roasted red potatoes and a kale salad. But you could really do anything you want with it! Enjoy! xx
In case you don’t know this about me already, I am a major foodie. I love good food, I love great restaurants, and I love desserts. I’ll be the first to admit though, I’m not the greatest cook in the world. Baking – I love. Cooking – not my strong suit. I’m trying to get better though & find more recipes that are healthy and easy!
I recently found this turkey burger recipe (from The Pioneer Woman) and thought it looked simple and delicious. I tried it last night and both my husband and I loved it! The goat cheese/pesto spread was amazing, and the entire meal took less than 30 mins to make. (The Pioneer Woman recipe has the turkey burger on a toasted everything bagel. My husband had his on a toasted bun, and I did mine just on a bed of spinach! She also put more butter in her’s than I used. So, the recipe below is my version of her original) Enjoy!
Ingredients (This is for 8 servings – if you have a big family or just want lots of leftovers!)
- 8 whole Everything Bagels (Again, I used a bun for my husband, just spinach for me!)
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 ounces, weight Goat Cheese (chevre)
- 2 Tablespoons Pesto
- 2 pounds Ground Turkey
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt (more To Taste)
- Plenty Of Black Pepper
- 8 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 whole Egg Yolk (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 4 whole Roma Tomatoes, Sliced
- 3 whole Avocados, Sliced
- 16 whole Large Basil Leaves
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and grill the cut side of the bagels until golden brown and slightly crisp. Set aside.
Stir together the goat cheese (or cream cheese) and the pesto until smooth. Add more pesto if you’d like!
Combine turkey, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and egg yolk (if using) in a large bowl. Stir or knead together with your hands, then form into patties.
Heat canola oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties on both sides until totally done, with no sign of pink in the middle, at least 4-5 minutes per side.
To serve, spread a good amount of the pesto spread on each bagel half. Place the burgers on the bottom half, then top with tomato slices and basil leaves. Lay avocado slices on the top half, using the spread to make them stay put. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the avocados, then place the top half on the bottom half, smush it together…and dig in!
For our 5 Friday Faves this week, we’ve picked our top 5 fitness items! Working out and running is such a huge part of both mine and Lo’s lives, so we wanted to share the items with ya’ll that make working out so much more enjoyable for us!
1. Favorite sports bra:
This all depends on your activity. If it’s for a highly active/intense workout, I love to have a lot of support, which is why the Under Armor Eclipse sports bra is my fave. If its for light activity (walking, yoga, etc.) you can’t go wrong with a good Target sports bra. So comfortable and easy to wear all the time (but, try and resist!). I have this in probably 4 different colors…
2. Favorite running shoe:
For everyday running, the Nike LunarEclipse takes the cake. What I love about Nike is that they manage to make an amazing product, but keep style in mind at the same time! I love this turquoise LunarEclipse.
3. Favorite workout companion:
Fitbit flex. I had been wanting a steps tracking device for a while and did my research on the different brands. I was won over by the amazing reviews for the fitbit flex and all of it’s capabilities. And, let’s be honest, it was the cutest one. It tracks my steps throughout the day, mileage from my runs, and my sleep at night. My husband bought it for me a few months ago and it has not left my wrist since!
4. Favorite running sock:
Crazy to think that such a small item makes such a massive difference in running; but it does! I love these tab back socks because they keep your feet from blistering, the sock doesn’t slip down into your shoe, and provides the support your foot needs.
5. Favorite pre-work out snack: banana and almond butter – every time! My favorite almond butter is from Trader Joe’s.
Shop our favorite fitness products here!: