Tag Archives: Make-up
Every girl has a different morning routine of “putting her face on”. For those of you that aren’t set on your current routine, or are looking to change it up, or don’t have one at all…today Lo & I are sharing with you the items in our routine that we swear by.
Here are the 3 items I cannot go a day without:
1. Clarisonic – My combination skin has always been my “thorn in my side”, if you will. My mom got me a Clarisonic for Christmas 2 years ago, and it has totally changed my skin. I noticed a difference in my complexion literally within days. It gives your pores a good deep clean, and really just makes washing your face more fun!
2. Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer – This is my go to foundation whether I’m getting dressed up for a date night, or have 5 minutes to get ready in the mornings. The coverage is amazing but still looks so natural. It also has SPF 20 in it, so I put this on before heading to the beach on vacation as well!
3. Laura Mercier high coverage concealer for under eye – I attribute my dark circle problem to the fact that I have dark skin and dark hair. But, regardless, no matter how much sleep I get, I still tend to have little dark shadows under my eyes. This concealer has been my favorite for a while now because it lasts all day long + makes my eyes so much brighter.
Here’s a glimpse into how Lo “puts her face on” daily:
1. Lo uses Chantecaille’s face wash – This is a rice & geranium foaming cleanser that gently exfoliates and softens the skin.
2. Chantecaille eye cream – another staple in Lo’s daily routine, this eye cream uses advanced technology to smooth, firm, and rebuild delicate skin around the eyes. Let’s be real, we’re not getting any younger & now is the time to start taking care of our skin!
3. Kiehl’s face mask – Truly the best face mask out there. Plus this one is currently $20 at Nordstrom! I promise it will be a $20 well spent; your skin will thank you both now and later!
Let us know what items in your routine are your staples, or how you “put your face on” everyday!
MAC Cosmetics has introduced a new mascara to their line, Zoom Fast Black Lash. The formula is similar to the Zoom Lash product with the addition of a carbon black pigment to saturate your lashes with a rich, black color. The mascara even feels light, which is a huge bonus! Be prepared to make a statement with your lashes day or night with this highly recommended purchase.
MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash, $15.
To be glamorous and earthy at the same time is the name of the game this fall season, and one specific color makes that quest gorgeously possible. It’s hard to pick and choose when a million and one hues fight for your attention at the make-up counter, so which color is the perfect purchase for an approaching autumn? The answer: metallic green. When I say metallic, I don’t mean bright and obnoxious. I am talking about that warm forrest green that has a touch of sheen.
Scroll through these options to find what best suits you.
[galleryview id= 29]
Chanel Illusion d’ Ombre in Epatant, $36 at nordstrom.com; Dior 5 Couleurs in Green Design, $58 at dior.com; bareMinerals Eyeshadow in Envy, $13 at bareescentuals.com; MAC Eyeshadow in Swimming or Humid, $15 at maccosmetics.com
Sign up for the Daily LOdown to be entered to win over $100 worth of Mineral Fusion make-up and products! Rack up your chances to win by referring a friend. Go here to enter! Bonus: Your name will be added an additional time for each pal suggested. So refer on!
What you will win: The Beautiful Basics Kit which includes the Graphite Mascara, Creation Blush, Polished Lipgloss, Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner ($20), Waterstone Lotion ($10), and the Ultimate Moisture Cleanser ($15).
It’s official. I am enthralled by organic skin care, and this includes the fun stuff: makeup.
It was a few months ago that I became my own guinea pig to try toxin free products, and I have to admit I had high hopes but average expectations. I am the kind of girl that switches from product to product after months of experimentation, only to find that I am dissatisfied with the results. Well, I have good news! As I am now an avid user of Skin Organics (for life!), it seemed that using chemical-infused makeup would defeat the purpose of all this goodness. All or nothing only made sense.
That is when I learned of a line called Mineral Fusion. Newsflash: it feeds your skin. It works together with your antioxidant-filled cleanser and your healing moisturizer. Instead of clogging pores, it actually metabolizes your skin, protects against sun damage, strengthens your surface structure, and balances hydration. Go figure. The crazy thing is that I haven’t even cracked the surface. Engage yourself in this groundbreaking beauty bliss here.
Where to start? The concealer and foundation are ridiculously amazing. Fun little extras: the highlighting powder creates a stunning glow and the mascara will make batting your eyelashes a whole lot cuter (strategy for more products?).
Why use this mineral makeup brand? It has credibility. It is the top selling makeup line in all Whole Foods stores across the country, not to mention it has numerous mentions in America’s most popular magazines and blogs. Plus, they are created with natural preservatives that are affective for every skin type, and unlike most mineral makeup lines, the products are compact rather than loose.