Tag Archives: fitness
If you’ve been following me for longer than a few weeks now, you’ve probably gathered that working out and staying active is a big part of my life. I try and work out 5-6 days a week and I love it. The only problem with this though, is showering. I know it’s not good for your hair to wash it everyday, but I’m not one of those girls who “glistens” when they work out. It’s a full-on, nasty, sweat.
Because of this hair-washing dilemma, I was SO happy when I discovered Hair Shots. It’s an on-the-go hair fragrance that comes in tons of amazing scents. (My favorite is either coconut mango or strawberry!)
These bottles are only $11.99 and so easy to just throw in your purse or gym bag. I rarely have time to come home after a work out, shower, fix my hair, and then head out for the day. So, I carry one of these little bottles around in my purse, spray it in my hair after I work out, and go straight to a lunch meeting or errand-running!
I also use Hair Shots after I get out of the shower, either before or after I blow dry my hair. I am all about really expensive shampoos that are good for your hair, but those aren’t always the best-smelling ones. Hair Shots makes your hair smell amazing, but without being too overpowering or conflicting with your perfume! It’s also heat activated, so it will smell even better once you hit the gym or start working up that sweat.
Okay, let me start this post off by saying: I am not a health nut. I don’t spend tons of money on supplements and expensive vitamins and things of that nature. I’ve definitely tried some of that stuff out but more often than not, found it to not be worth the money. Until I tried out Shakeology.
Here’s 3 reasons why I’m loving Shakeology and think it’s a great use of your money:
- First and foremost – it’s super healthy. Each shake is packed with superfood ingredients. As much as I try to get in superfoods each day (kale, avocado, things of that nature…), it’s not always easy if you’re in a hurry. Every shakeology shake has protein & fibers, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, probiotics, and so much more. All of those things your body needs to keep you feeling full, reduce sugar cravings, support your immune system and lots of other good things!
- It’s delicious. My favorite flavor is chocolate. I’m a HUGE sweets lover, in case you hadn’t noticed, and the chocolate shake totally satisfies my sweet tooth! Honestly I would drink it for dessert if I could! If I’m having it for a meal, I’ll add half a banana and almond butter to the blender and it is so yummy!
- It’s easy. As much as I’d love to have time every morning to make scrambled egg whites and turkey bacon with avocado and a whole wheat english muffin with fresh fruit…that’s just not realistic most days. After I’m done with a workout I usually shower, get ready and am running out the door. Shakeology is so perfect to just put in the blender and you have your breakfast on the go!
If you’re interested in buying shakeology, just go to this website and you’ll find everything you need!
As of late, I have been living in workout clothes, and I’m not ashamed of it. Don’t get me wrong, I still dress up when going to dinner or a night out. But day to day, when I’m running errands, grocery shopping, picking up dry cleaning, returning something to the mall…running tights and a comfy top have been my go-to. It also helps motivate me to work out later because I’m already dressed for it!
This is one of the reasons why I’m obsessed with Albion Fit. I feel like wearing their fitness apparel makes me want to work out. You truly do look and feel your best in their adorable fitness tights or super comfy & lightweight tops.
Albion Fit also launched a swimwear line recently which is absolutely darling. Their floral patterns are so feminine and the quality (both in swimwear and fitness apparel) is nothing short of luxury.
Use the code “lolomag15” to get 15% off your purchase until June 12th!
Make sure you check out my instagram to enter to win a $100 Albion Fit giftcard!
Confession: I’ve developed a slight addiction to the six:02 website. I’ve always loved buying working out clothes and truly feel like you can never have enough. However, until discovering six02.com, I’ve never been an online shopper for fitness apparel.
Six:02 in general, but specifically their website, truly is my one stop shop for all things fitness. Their website is super easy to navigate – whether you’re looking for running shoes, a sports bra, or a new tank. You can shop by “activity” (ie: running, yoga, dance…), you can shop by brand (I, obviously, am partial to Nike). They also have a “get fit guide” if you’re not sure what you need or how to shop for it!
If you’re needing some extra motivation right now to work out, start with getting one or two work out outfits from six02 that you look & feel great in – I promise it helps!
It’s no secret that I love workout clothes. Being an avid runner, I’m always on the hunt for the next best pair of running shorts or a new Nike tank. I also kind of love to live in work out clothes – for errands, casual lunches, walks with friends, etc.
I have recently fallen in love though with the store Six:02, and not only for their amazing fitness apparel. I have fallen in love with & completely jumped on board the entire concept of six:02. Allow me to explain.
Six:02 is a moment in time – it’s “your time”. The store’s name reflects the minutes or hours that each woman should take for herself – to work out and stay fit, to invest in feeling and being her best. Six:02 is the time you wake up to go to the gym. It’s the time you leave work for your spin class. It’s the mileage you aspire to achieve on your next run.
The concept if six:02 is so beautiful because it’s about encouraging women to take time to do whatever it is that makes them feel their best – running, spinning, walking, yoga-ing.
Not only that, but the fitness apparel this store has to offer is unparalleled. They have every brand from Nike to Under Armour, to Reebok, and so much more! They offer fitness apparel for runners, bikers, yoga, pilates, and any active lifestyle! From running shoes to sports bras to patterned fitness tights, this truly is your one stop shop for workout clothes!
Which is why I am so excited to announce that I will be doing an event with Six:02 at their Inwood Village store on Saturday, April 18th! Come to the store at 9am and join us for a free Barre Class, complimentary (and healthy!) refreshments, and of course…shopping for some new amazing fitness apparel! I’ll be there to offer any style or fitness tips and would love to meet each one of you!
What: Six:02 Shopping Event with free Barre Class!
Where: 5550 W Lovers Ln. Dallas, TX 75209
When: Saturday April 18th, 9am-12pm
Hope to see each one of you there!
photos by Lindsey Shea Photography
I have a theory that every runner has their “mojo”. Certain things they must (or must not do) before a run, in order to ensure a successful run. ie: “don’t eat this, must eat this, must sleep __hrs the night before, have to listen to ___ playlist “, etc.
I have a few random “mojo” items like this. For instance, I have to be chewing gum when I run. I don’t know why, but otherwise I think my run will be a complete fail. I also always have to be using Apple headphones. Only Apple. I realize there are better headphones out there…but this is my mojo.
So those might be random, but today I want to share 5 things with you that I think are essential to every workout routine, that have truly transformed my workouts!
- Shoes. As a runner, if you don’t have the right shoes, you are greatly increasing your chance for injury. Shin splints, bad knees, sore feet, etc. Having the right shoe is an absolute must. I personally swear by Newton’s – they are lightweight, amazing quality, and teach you to run more on the front of your foot (your “toe box) than the back. (The ones I linked too are 25% off with free shipping!). Newtons aren’t for everyone though – if you are a pronator or supinator you will need something with more support. For a more stability type shoe, I would recommend Asics or Brooks
- Protein. When it comes to eating before a workout, I know everyone is different. I must have half a banana and 1 T of almond butter before every run though. The potassium in the banana and protein in the peanut butter is just the right amount of fuel to keep me going. I also always have either eggs or a protein shake within 30 mins after my run!
- Cuteness. There might not be science behind this, but I personally think you are way more motivated to workout if you have workout clothes you feel cute in! My current favorite brands for running or working out: Athleta (get 20% off today with code “DRESS20”!), Zella, Nike
- Fitness watch / steps tracker. I’ll be honest – I was hesitant to jump on this bandwagon. I kept thinking “why does it matter how many steps I get in a day??” I have learned to LOVE my Fitbit though. It totally motivates me to workout so I can make sure I get all my steps in! If you don’t have one already, I highly recommend it.
- Advocare. If there was one thing I absolutely could not live without on those long run days, or the days when working out is the last thing I want to do..it would be my Spark drink by Advocare. In case you’re not familiar with Advocare, it’s a company that provides innovative nutritional, weight-management, sports performance and skincare products. They have everything from meal replacement shakes, to multi-vitamins, to sports performance products.
When I look at websites like this, I get overwhelmed because there are so many options (based on what your needs are). I personally just take Advocare to improve my workouts, so for that, I would recommend:
1) Spark – it’s a sugar-free drink (powder that you put in water) with more than 20 vitamins, minerals and nutrients that work synergistically to provide a healthy, balanced and effective source of energy that won’t overburden or over stimulate your body. It serves as an all-in-one solution that gives you a quick boost of energy that lasts for hours. I can tell a HUGE difference in my run when I drink spark beforehand, vs the runs where I don’t!
2) Meal Replacement shake – okay, these are actually delicious (my favorite flavor is of course chocolate!). I almost always run in the mornings before starting the day and typically don’t have time to make a big breakfast after. So, on those days, these meal replacement shakes are my life saver. This yummy drink has 24 grams of protein and only 210 calories!
3) Rehydrate – also a drink (powder that you put in water) that helps you stay hydrated during physical activity. Unlike other sports drinks, Rehydrate includes antioxidants, carbohydrates, electrolytes, and other nutrients that effectively promote optimal hydration and recovery. Rehydrate Drink has a 1:1 ratio of sodium and potassium, two of the most vital electrolytes that are lost when we sweat.
Okay, lots of info. Do you feel inspired to go sweat now?! If you have any questions about workout tips or Advocare products, you can always email me!
Shop some cute workout stuff here: