Every girl has a different morning routine of “putting her face on”. For those of you that aren’t set on your current routine, or are looking to change it up, or don’t have one at all…today Lo & I are sharing with you the items in our routine that we swear by.
Here are the 3 items I cannot go a day without:
1. Clarisonic – My combination skin has always been my “thorn in my side”, if you will. My mom got me a Clarisonic for Christmas 2 years ago, and it has totally changed my skin. I noticed a difference in my complexion literally within days. It gives your pores a good deep clean, and really just makes washing your face more fun!
2. Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer – This is my go to foundation whether I’m getting dressed up for a date night, or have 5 minutes to get ready in the mornings. The coverage is amazing but still looks so natural. It also has SPF 20 in it, so I put this on before heading to the beach on vacation as well!
3. Laura Mercier high coverage concealer for under eye – I attribute my dark circle problem to the fact that I have dark skin and dark hair. But, regardless, no matter how much sleep I get, I still tend to have little dark shadows under my eyes. This concealer has been my favorite for a while now because it lasts all day long + makes my eyes so much brighter.
Here’s a glimpse into how Lo “puts her face on” daily:
1. Lo uses Chantecaille’s face wash – This is a rice & geranium foaming cleanser that gently exfoliates and softens the skin.
2. Chantecaille eye cream – another staple in Lo’s daily routine, this eye cream uses advanced technology to smooth, firm, and rebuild delicate skin around the eyes. Let’s be real, we’re not getting any younger & now is the time to start taking care of our skin!
3. Kiehl’s face mask – Truly the best face mask out there. Plus this one is currently $20 at Nordstrom! I promise it will be a $20 well spent; your skin will thank you both now and later!
Let us know what items in your routine are your staples, or how you “put your face on” everyday!
I’ve always known that October is breast cancer awareness month, but it wasn’t until recently that I discovered it’s also National Pit Bull Awareness month and Adopt a Shelter Dog month! Beau and I were so excited to partner with Milk & Honey Boutique to help raise awareness for these causes.
Shop my look here!:
As seasons change and you’re due for a serious wardrobe update, shopping for this season’s trendy staples can get a bit overwhelming. So many options! For this week’s 5 Friday Faves, I wanted to put together a little shopping guide for you, for items that every girl needs in her Fall wardrobe.
1. Favorite scarf – I recently added this scarf in the photo to my fall wardrobe, and it was the best $17 I’ve spent in a while! So soft, and all the colors make it so versatile.
2. Favorite denim shirt – You can’t have a fall wardrobe without a denim shirt in your closet. Perfect for layering under sweaters, or an easy “throw on and go” top.
3. Favorite flats – I’m crazy about the d’Orsay flat right now, and when I saw these in grey, I knew I had to have them!
4. Favorite fall lip color – Laura Mercier creme smooth lip color in “damask”. I love this color because its not too “red, red”, but is still bold and beautiful. The creme lip color also makes your lips super soft and has a long wear to it!
5. Favorite fur vest – I feel like the fur vest has officially moved from a trend item to a staple. This vest is my personal fave because it’s still on trend but the grey color makes it unique! The length is perfect and I love the smokey effect on the fur.
There was a time when a girl needed maybe one or two coats in her Fall wardrobe – one dressy, one casual. Done.
I love though that this season, outerwear is a huge trend. It’s no longer just a basic item you need to keep you warm – it’s an outfit-completer. An essential accessory. So, in this case, your mentality with outerwear this season should be “the more the merrier!”
I love this black & white coat below because it’s lightweight, super soft, and can easily be dressed up or down. (Side note – I’m also crazy about my new relaxed skinny jeans! Finally found the perfect distressed denim).
I was also in Forever 21 yesterday and fell in love with this tweed pea coat and added it to my mental wish list! (+ you can’t beat $42.90 for a good fall coat!)
And remember this guy? A good leather (or pleather!) jacket is essential to every fall wardrobe.
For our 5 Friday Faves this week, we’ve picked our top 5 fitness items! Working out and running is such a huge part of both mine and Lo’s lives, so we wanted to share the items with ya’ll that make working out so much more enjoyable for us!
1. Favorite sports bra:
This all depends on your activity. If it’s for a highly active/intense workout, I love to have a lot of support, which is why the Under Armor Eclipse sports bra is my fave. If its for light activity (walking, yoga, etc.) you can’t go wrong with a good Target sports bra. So comfortable and easy to wear all the time (but, try and resist!). I have this in probably 4 different colors…
2. Favorite running shoe:
For everyday running, the Nike LunarEclipse takes the cake. What I love about Nike is that they manage to make an amazing product, but keep style in mind at the same time! I love this turquoise LunarEclipse.
3. Favorite workout companion:
Fitbit flex. I had been wanting a steps tracking device for a while and did my research on the different brands. I was won over by the amazing reviews for the fitbit flex and all of it’s capabilities. And, let’s be honest, it was the cutest one. It tracks my steps throughout the day, mileage from my runs, and my sleep at night. My husband bought it for me a few months ago and it has not left my wrist since!
4. Favorite running sock:
Crazy to think that such a small item makes such a massive difference in running; but it does! I love these tab back socks because they keep your feet from blistering, the sock doesn’t slip down into your shoe, and provides the support your foot needs.
5. Favorite pre-work out snack: banana and almond butter – every time! My favorite almond butter is from Trader Joe’s.
Shop our favorite fitness products here!:
Wait…it’s currently a trend to wear loose, slouchy pajama-ish pants outside of your house? Sign me up for that please! I found my favorite black slouchy pant a few weeks ago and have more than gotten my money’s worth since! I love that these can be great both for work or running errands. I feel so girly and chic every time I wear them, without sacrificing comfort.
LOFT Denim Jacket / Fade to Blue Slouch Pants / Kendra Scott Necklace / Ray-Ban sunglasses / Kendra Scott gold bracelet / Hobo crossbody bag form Nordstrom / Steve by Steve Madden leopard flats / Michael Kors watch
I’m also such a sucker for pairing all black with denim. A good denim jacket is an absolute staple in every wardrobe. (Bonus! Mine from LOFT is currently 50% off!)
So, happy slouching everyone. Shop my look here!