It’s almost that time of year again – where Hobby Lobby puts their Christmas trees out & radio stations start playing Christmas music way too early…and you have holiday party after holiday party to pick out an outfit for. In my experience, the best way to approach the most wonderful time of year (in regards to your holiday party attire), is to plan ahead! Don’t want until the night before your party and then realize you have nothing to wear.
Lo & I wanted to help you get a head start on your party-outfit planning and give you two great looks that would stand out at any holiday party!
Lo wore this adorable Alice & Olivia skirt to a recent bachelorette party she had in Dallas. The shimmer in the skirt makes it perfect for any holiday party, but the classic shape + great length make it totally work or day appropriate as well. (+ bonus! it’s currently on sale!)
I love this little crop top with its subtle shimmer, because it makes it so easy to dress up or down. I paired mine with this great faux leather pencil skirt (psst – the waistband is elastic!). A leather skirt is a must for the holiday season – perfect for parties, but you could also wear to the office. I’m also crazy about these color block heels because they are so comfortable, AND they are actually velcro! This feature totally sold me.
So there ya go – get a head a start on your “party planning” this season & shop our looks here!:
Let’s be honest — we all have those days where we don’t feel like wearing leather shorts or heels or something super trendy. There are days when we’re not feeling creative with our outfits and need something simple, yet still chic and fashionable. To avoid reverting to yoga pants and a t-shirt on these days…I’m providing you with my go-to outfit when I’m not feeling creative: white button down blouse, a great pair of skinny jeans, and flats. You can’t go wrong.
True story: I’ve had these dark wash skinny jeans from LOFT now for 3 years and they’re still going strong. They’re my go-to pants whether its for work, going out, or a just a casual lunch with friends.
My Tory Burch flats were probably the best Christmas gift I’ve ever gotten, from my mother-in-law! They may cost more than some of my favorite Target flats, but they are so comfortable, look great with everything, and will last forever. I got them in this camel color because its super versatile, and one of my favorite colors.
And, a good sleeveless button down blouse is necessary for every wardrobe. It looks great by itself but is also perfect for layering under cardigans or pullover sweaters. (The one I’m wearing here is currently on sale for $12!)
So there you go – now you have no excuse to grab your yoga pants and hoodie when you’re feeling lazy! I’ll be the first to say though…there is always a time and a place for yoga pants though. No shame.
Nothing defines a “love/hate relationship” like running does, for me. There are days when the thought of going for a run literally makes me want to cry, and there are days when a good run makes me feel like I can conquer the world. So, what makes me keep consistently running when there are days that I absolutely hate it?
I recently signed up for my first half marathon (The Dallas Marathon – December 14th), so I’ve been in training for a few weeks now. Today I did a 9 mile run, which is the farthest I’ve run in years now. Up until mile 8, it really wasn’t that bad, but I was definitely dying between 8 and 9. Once I made it to mile 9 though, I got that “runners high” and suddenly it became clear to me why I love running, and in general, why I run.
I have been told on more than one occasion that I’m very “wound up”. Like most girls, my mind tends to race and race about anything and everything. I discovered today that running “unwinds me”. Especially on these long runs, I go through my list of things that my mind races about, and bring each one of those things specifically to the Lord – my family, work, insecurities, fears, friends, etc. It’s a time specifically set aside that I have with just me, the pavement, and the Lord. And I unwind.
“Cast all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
Also like most girls, I struggle with insecurities about my body fairly often and consistently find flaws or things I wish were different. When I run though, I’m thankful for my body. Thankful that it is strong, it is carrying me, it is healthy. Running reminds me that the Lord has blessed me with a healthy body and I need to praise Him for that…not constantly complain about its shortcomings.
“I praise you, for I am fearfully & wonderfully made.” – Psalm 139:14
So, maybe you’re one of those people that running makes you want to cry. But, let me challenge you to lace up your tennis shoes, and try it. Maybe it’s just a mile the first time, or running for 5 minutes. But finding time to take care of our bodies, be outside in this beautiful Fall weather, and connect with our Maker truly enriches life tremendously. And I hope each one of you find that enrichment whether it be in running, or something that is equally inspiring and freeing to you.
Every girl has a different morning routine of “putting her face on”. For those of you that aren’t set on your current routine, or are looking to change it up, or don’t have one at all…today Lo & I are sharing with you the items in our routine that we swear by.
Here are the 3 items I cannot go a day without:
1. Clarisonic – My combination skin has always been my “thorn in my side”, if you will. My mom got me a Clarisonic for Christmas 2 years ago, and it has totally changed my skin. I noticed a difference in my complexion literally within days. It gives your pores a good deep clean, and really just makes washing your face more fun!
2. Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer – This is my go to foundation whether I’m getting dressed up for a date night, or have 5 minutes to get ready in the mornings. The coverage is amazing but still looks so natural. It also has SPF 20 in it, so I put this on before heading to the beach on vacation as well!
3. Laura Mercier high coverage concealer for under eye – I attribute my dark circle problem to the fact that I have dark skin and dark hair. But, regardless, no matter how much sleep I get, I still tend to have little dark shadows under my eyes. This concealer has been my favorite for a while now because it lasts all day long + makes my eyes so much brighter.
Here’s a glimpse into how Lo “puts her face on” daily:
1. Lo uses Chantecaille’s face wash – This is a rice & geranium foaming cleanser that gently exfoliates and softens the skin.
2. Chantecaille eye cream – another staple in Lo’s daily routine, this eye cream uses advanced technology to smooth, firm, and rebuild delicate skin around the eyes. Let’s be real, we’re not getting any younger & now is the time to start taking care of our skin!
3. Kiehl’s face mask – Truly the best face mask out there. Plus this one is currently $20 at Nordstrom! I promise it will be a $20 well spent; your skin will thank you both now and later!
Let us know what items in your routine are your staples, or how you “put your face on” everyday!
I’ve always known that October is breast cancer awareness month, but it wasn’t until recently that I discovered it’s also National Pit Bull Awareness month and Adopt a Shelter Dog month! Beau and I were so excited to partner with Milk & Honey Boutique to help raise awareness for these causes.
Shop my look here!:
As seasons change and you’re due for a serious wardrobe update, shopping for this season’s trendy staples can get a bit overwhelming. So many options! For this week’s 5 Friday Faves, I wanted to put together a little shopping guide for you, for items that every girl needs in her Fall wardrobe.
1. Favorite scarf – I recently added this scarf in the photo to my fall wardrobe, and it was the best $17 I’ve spent in a while! So soft, and all the colors make it so versatile.
2. Favorite denim shirt – You can’t have a fall wardrobe without a denim shirt in your closet. Perfect for layering under sweaters, or an easy “throw on and go” top.
3. Favorite flats – I’m crazy about the d’Orsay flat right now, and when I saw these in grey, I knew I had to have them!
4. Favorite fall lip color – Laura Mercier creme smooth lip color in “damask”. I love this color because its not too “red, red”, but is still bold and beautiful. The creme lip color also makes your lips super soft and has a long wear to it!
5. Favorite fur vest – I feel like the fur vest has officially moved from a trend item to a staple. This vest is my personal fave because it’s still on trend but the grey color makes it unique! The length is perfect and I love the smokey effect on the fur.