Filed In: Fashion
You know you made a good purchase when you buy something that you never want to take off. And you repeat the same outfit 3 times in one week because you love it so much. That’s exactly how I feel about this faux shearling vest.
What I love about this (faux) shearling vest is how versatile it is. It hasn’t been cold enough in Texas yet for a big heavy vest, but I’ve been able to wear this one with a short-sleeved tee because it’s pretty light-weight! It also has pockets and is the softest thing in the world.
The other great thing about this shearling vest is that you can make it as dressy or casual as you want. I paired mine with distressed skinny jeans but you could also do it with a black skinny pant and heels for a dressier look!
Shop the post:
When it comes to make-up, I am a creature of habit. (Okay when it comes to most things in life, I’m a creature of habit). But especially when it comes to lipstick/lip gloss. I find one I like and pretty much don’t change. Let me tell you though, Buxom’s new bold gel lipsticks have been a total game-changer for me.
The collection (find it here) is available in 30 saturated satin & matte shades. So basically you’ll never need to buy another thing of lipstick in your life! These lipsticks are amazing because they don’t feel like lipstick. They’re made from an ultra-light gel formula and are super moisturizing.
I noticed right away when I tried them on that each shade has such a rich color to it. Even the one I’m wearing here (called Naturally Daring) is a neutral/nude color but a very rich nude. Every shade offers a rich, beautiful color.
This collection comes in so many shades that you really can wear it everyday. I wore it (as seen above) in a neutral shade, but they have so many other perfect fall lipstick colors that can transform any outfit from “everyday” to fierce and bold (Like Sultry Mauve or Ruby Temptress!)
This post was created in partnership with Buxom Cosmetics.
One of my favorite things about blogging has been getting discover and work with new slash amazing brands. I fell in love with ILY Couture a few months back and find myself more obsessed with them with every new addition to their site!
I’ll be real with ya’ll. More often than not, I am just not in the mood to dress up. But unfortunately wearing pajamas to run errands isn’t necessarily acceptable. I love ILY Couture because their tees are not only extremely soft and comfortable, but they’re still chic at the same time. I love that I can sleep in these tees if I want to, but also pair it with a scarf or one of their super chic sunnies and have a really put together look.
Another reason the ILY Couture website is quickly becoming a go-to shopping spot for me is the price point. Seriously these sunnies look so high end and are $22?! I’m all about that. Their tees are great quality and actually don’t fall apart in the wash, yet for a price that won’t break the bank!
Shop the post:
When people ask me to describe my style, I often use the phrase “boho chic” – not necessarily because that’s exactly how I dress, but I think it’s what I aspire to! And I feel like this long-sleeved top embodies boho chic perfectly. I love the fit of this top and the open shoulder neckline. I love how it’s flattering without being form-fitting.
What I love about the boho chic style is that it can be free and flowy and worn with cut-offs or boyfriend jeans. Or, it can also be dressed up for a more clean look (like here, how I paired the top with skinny jeans). Boho chic is feminine yet classy. It’s free and creative, yet still put together and fashion-forward.
Shop the post:
I’m not exactly sure what it is about stripes that draw me to them, but I’m a magnet to a good striped shirt or striped dress. I think because I’m typically not a fan of patterns, so stripes allows me to wear a pattern but still embrace simplicity.
This striped dress is a new favorite of mine because it will be perfect for layering once the temperatures cool down – with a faux fur vest or leopard scarf. It’s also really easy to dress up or down! (AND the price is SO good!)
Shop the post:
Whether you’ve lived in Dallas your whole life, or you’re brand new here, finding your “regular” spots in a city can be a struggle. I want to share with ya’ll today some of my absolutely favorite spots in Dallas (or what I think are some of the best spots in Dallas – specifically for food, hair, nails, and lashes. you know – the important things in life!)
Speaking from personal experience here: I’ve lived in Dallas my whole life but it wasn’t until recently when I finally found my “regulars”, and honestly, they are just too good to not share with ya’ll! So, if you’re like me and have forever been searching for the perfect hair stylists, or nail salon, look no further.
- Hair salon – Charleigh at FORM salon does my balayage color and she has been my hair hero! Going from dark brunette to “bronde” (brown/blonde) was a process but she has been amazing at really listening to and giving me exactly what I want! I personally think FORM is the best hair salon in Dallas, because of Charleigh, because of the location, and because I’m super happy with my hair everytime I leave there!
- Nail salon – Bellacures Dallas is the first nail salon I have ever been a “regular” at. The location is super convenient (in Preston center) and the people who work there are all so nice and friendly! Everything is super clean (and cute!) on the inside. They have tons of color options and they always do the best job with my mani/pedi. Lasts me 3 weeks at least! In my opinion, Bellacures is the best nail salon in Dallas.
- Lash extensions – Okay, I know what you’re thinking. This is not something that would be on most people’s “must” lists. I thought the same thing until I found Amanda at Southern Belle Lash in Plano. I first got lash extensions before going on a girls beach trip to Mexico. The lashes were amazing and I didn’t have to wear eye make-up the whole trip. After realizing how long they stayed on and how low maintenace they were, I decided I wanted them all the time! You basically wake up and go to the gym looking like you have full eye-make up on when you’re wearing none.
I’ll be real with ya’ll – I’m a foodie, and I’m pretty picky when it comes to food. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll eat anything but I really, really enjoy good food. R+D Kitchen has been my favorite for a while for a few reasons:
- Ambiance – it’s not too casual but it’s not too fancy. It’s the perfect date night spot, but could also be the perfect “mom’s in town, let’s go to brunch” spot. You can dress up if you want, or jeans would also be just fine!
- Service – I’ve never had a bad waiter at R+D. They are all so kind and helpful, but not in a way that interrupts your meal. They make the best recommendations and always take such good care of us
- The food, duh. If you can’t tell by these pictures, their food is OUT of this world. They have a smaller menu, but everything on it is a 10 on a 10. (My favorite is the Thai Tuna roll!)
I hope this guide helps you find some new favorite spots in Dallas and enjoy this city even more! Comment with any questions you might have, or let me know some of your favorite Dallas spots!